Dienstag, 25. August 2009

Chapter 1

Birthday is over - so let's get back to work.

Apparently Richard is something like Tarzan, I don't know why, but he spent most of his life in the woods with an old guy called Zedd. Well, I hope Zedd had enough wifes in his life, otherwise I pity little Richard. Despite living in the forest for a long time, he has no idea about the names of herbs. How idiotic is this? I spent 6 months with my Grandpa in the mountains and afterwards I knew every tree and bush, growing there, by name. I hope our hero is not retarted. Well, maybe he was so upset about his father leaving him alone(!!), in the woods with old Zedd, that he forgot the names of the herbs he encountered. Seems like Richards father was an oaf. I would never leave my sons alone, no matter what. Our protagonist has a brother(Michael), too who is not interested in Zedd and his lessons (I can fully understand that) and has the sense to leave his father as soon as possible.

Someday Michael, comes out of nowhere and tells Richard that their father is dead. Murdered by unknown. Something evil was involved in this case. Magic. Afterwards, Tairy is mumbling about evil vines and red things in the sky. Suddenly a woman appears on the scene, who is stalked by four men. End of the chapter. I smell rape.

Oh yeah - the prose is really bad. But maybe I am just spoiled after reading GRRM and Hobb.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen